LEARN ABOUT CHAPTER 13
The Law Offices of Lawrence D. Tackett, P.L.L.C. is a law firm specializing in Bankruptcy and all issues concerning Bankruptcy in the The Woodlands and Houston Texas area. We represent individuals and businesses experiencing financial woes in all aspects of litigation related to bankruptcy, including filing for bankruptcy, assessing and appropriating finances, and seeking just settlements.
The Law Offices of Lawrence D. Tackett, P.L.L.C. are willing and able to take on any legitimate Bankruptcy issues or lawsuits and to help you handle all of your bankruptcy woes with exceptional representation.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 of the United States Bankruptcy Code is frequently referred to as a “wage earner” chapter, although it is available to individuals with regular income from any source, not just wages. Chapter 13 is designed for individuals with regular income who desire to pay their debts but are currently unable to do so. The purpose of chapter 13 is to enable financially distressed individual debtors, under court supervision and protection, to propose and carry out a repayment plan under which creditors are paid over an extended period of time. Under this chapter, debtors are permitted to repay creditors, in full or in part, in installments over a three-year period, during which time creditors are prohibited from starting or continuing collection efforts. A plan providing for payments over more than three years must be “for cause” and be approved by the court. In no case may a plan provide for payments over a period longer than five years.
An individual cannot file under chapter 13 or any other chapter if, during the preceding 180 days, a prior bankruptcy petition was dismissed due to the debtor’s willful failure to appear before the court or comply with orders of the court or was voluntarily dismissed after creditors sought relief from the bankruptcy court to recover property upon which they hold liens.
A chapter 13 case begins with the filing of a petition with the bankruptcy court serving the area where the debtor has a domicile or residence. Unless the court orders otherwise, the debtor also shall file with the court schedules of assets and liabilities, a schedule of current income and expenditures, a schedule of executor contracts and unexpired leases, and a statement of financial affairs.
In addition to the above items, the debtor will need to provide the following information:
- A list of all creditors and the amounts and nature of their claims;
- The source, amount, and frequency of the debtor’s income;
- A list of all of the debtor’s property; and
- A detailed list of the debtor’s monthly living expenses, i.e., food, clothing, shelter, utilities, taxes, transportation, medicine, etc.
Are you in need of an expert lawyer focusing in Bankruptcy law and litigation? If so, contact us now and receive a free case evaluation.
Reasons you should consult with our expert Chapter 13 Bankruptcy attorneys:
- Our law firm has over 30 years of experience handling Bankruptcy litigation.
- The Law Offices of Lawrence D. Tackett, P.L.L.C. guarantee professional, high-quality representation in all legal matters pertaining to Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy law.
- The Law Offices of Lawrence D. Tackett, P.L.L.C. has successfully settled many cases for clients.
We assist our clients in many ways, including:
- Helping them fight large corporations for your Bankruptcy suit
- Filing any suits, claims, and motions relating to your Bankruptcy claim or any violations of your rights, thereof
- Assessing the damages incurred and give you an estimate so you can file for the maximum compensation
- Appearing in court for you so you can focus on recovery fully from your financial sufferings
The Law Offices of Lawrence D. Tackett, P.L.L.C. is a law firm dedicated to assisting people and businesses with financial woes file bankruptcy and comfortably guide you or your business through the stages of bankruptcy.
Call Now for a Free Case Consultation 281-419-2626